Sunday, August 7, 2011

As of this morning I am down 31 pounds. It seems that I hit a mini plateau there for a bit but I am happy to report I am back on the down slope of the curve. I worked a lot this week and did miss some of my workouts due to working around 60 hours. Somehow I still lost weight. The body is a funny thing.

My clothes are getting bigger and bigger each week but I still see myself as "fat" and still say to myself that I can't do certain things until I lose more weight. I am definitely proud of myself for all my hard work but some days still don't feel smaller. I also don't see a difference in the mirror but all my friends and family keep telling me I'm shrinking.

As far as delaying life until I lose more weight, people of all sizes go jogging, fall in love and make their dreams become reality. Being on the road to my goal weight shouldn't stop me from doing anything and if I'm honest with myself it isn't the weight that is stopping me. It's my own fear and insecurities. I will get to my goal weight. I know that but being healthy isn't just about being fit and thin. It isn't just the number on the scale. It is also about having a healthy mindset. That is what I need to spend some time and effort on.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear you broke through that plateau. Those suckers can be hard to get past. Look how far you've come now! You're getting to the point where you'll really feel different with the next 20 pounds lost. You're a rockstar. Keep up those eating habits and spin sessions with your favorite instructor!! Have a super great Tuesdayyyy

    ReplyDelete