Saturday, July 30, 2011

The last few weeks I've really upped the intensity of my workouts. This is wonderful but it also means that my hunger levels have increased as well. I've had to learn how to balance my hunger levels much more effectively.  This has not been easy. I've also had a ton of client events recently. I end up leaving the office early to travel into the city, missing my snack which leads to finding a healthy dinner option more challenging because I end up absolutely starving. 

What have I done to counteract this increase in hunger you may ask?  I've resorted to such tricks as eating frozen grapes as an example. They are zero points and very juicy so they fill me up. You just have to learn to fill up on foods that are zero points and drink lots of liquids.  It's kind of like shopping and getting the most for your money. For those that know me it is quite typical for me to relate anything to shopping, one of my favorite activities :) This new way of eating isn't easy but I continue to fight the fight!

Below are a few extra tips to deal with business dinners, cocktail parties and just not feeling motivated. 

Find polite ways to refuse fattening cocktails and passed hor deuvres. After a few occasions these methods will become ingrained and natural responses. 

Keep some inspirational quotes or music on your phone or at your desk for days you don't want to work out. 

Sometimes I feel absolutely ravenous like I could eat three meals in one. When this occurs I eat my planned meal and wait 20 minutes to see if I am still hungry. 99% of the time I am satisfied-it really works! (Note:  I didn't use the word "full" because I haven't felt "full" since I started this plan :))

No comments:

Post a Comment