Saturday, July 23, 2011

Back to work these past two weeks after my wonderful vacation in California. As I mentioned last week I saw lots of plastic surgery even on the nannies. The thing with plastic surgery is unless you go to a top surgeon you usually end up looking worse afterwards. I am not saying I would never have plastic surgery but I believe in trying diet and exercise before you resort to those measures. 

The other great thing about California is the weather and the beauty of nature all around. It is impossible not go hiking, camping, cycling and swim because it is just too beautiful to stay inside. People have much more active lifestyles out on the West Coast. 

On one of my recent flights I sat next to someone very overweight. So heavy that in fact I was physically uncomfortable because her arms and legs went into my seat on the plane. Then she ordered the most fattening foods possible on the menu times two. This didn't make me angry though. Instead I could relate. I was never over 300 pounds but I probably ate like I was and I was certainly uncomfortable in confined spaces.  I had a long talk with my neighbor on the plane and she gave me some great advice on some things I was struggling with and I also feel that I helped her with her food issues. We exchanged contact info and have been corresponding about our different goals relating to weight loss. What I learned from the experience was that you never know when you will make a difference in someone's outlook or when someone unexpected will inspire you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment