Saturday, July 9, 2011

This week I am blogging from my vacation in beautiful Newport Coast, California. It is so beautiful in fact that I am considering moving to the West Coast. More on that next week though. When trying to lose weight vacations can pose some very serious obstacles. Those obstacles and how I overcame them this week is what I'd like to talk about today.

I am lucky in the fact that I am vacationing with friends that are extremely fitness oriented. The first night I arrived my friends downloaded a two week free pass for me to their gym and we went everyday except for one. Obstacle number one of not exercising on vacation was avoided. Additionally, the great thing about being at a different gym was that I switched up my cardio routine for the whole week. I even tried another new class called Zumba. One of my girlfriends is a Zumba instructor and now looks like she could be a Playboy model so it is a pretty grueling workout. It is a combination of high-impact cardio with tons of lunges and core work set to Hip-Hop and Latin music. I loved it but was extremely sore the next day in all the right places. I now understand why my friend looks the way she does.

Another obstacle of vacationing can be eating out a lot and being in unfamiliar places. For the first time in my life I had a great vacation with my friends and didn't focus the whole trip on what disgusting fattening food I was going to eat. I ate healthy local produce in conjunction with fresh seafood and meats and was 100% satisfied with my healthy choices. Go me :). I also kept skim milk, almonds and a few Larabars around just in case starvation set in. You see I planned ahead so there were no pitfalls.

I will have to wait until I get home to weigh myself but no matter what the scale says I know I had a very successful week. Next time I'd like to discuss all the plastic surgery I saw (huge fake breasts everywhere I looked but mine were still bigger :)) and a very interesting plane ride I experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment