Saturday, June 4, 2011

My last blog referenced a major success in my journey. I am pleased to report I had three more this week as follows. I ran outside this morning for the first time since playing tennis and soccer in high school and I ran on the treadmill this past week with my trainer doing interval training. For my time on the treadmill it was only in one minute intervals opposite walking in one minute intervals on an incline of 9.0. I don't know which is harder the running or the hills :). I normally do spin class which is non-impact so any impact exercise is very hard as I'm not used to it all so I am proud of myself.

I also made it through the week being sick and having the usual female issues staying on my food plan. I've never been able to do this before. As soon as I don't feel well I usually reach for some type of carb to satiate me. Sometimes when I don't feel well I am just plain lazy and that doesn't work either. When you have healthy snacks always available this pre-empts that behavior I find and that is exactly what I did. I now always have bananas, healthy protein bars, berries, carrot sticks and almonds at work, at home and sometimes in my purse.

I had another meal out recently also where I had a good but on plan meal with plain fruit at the end and enjoyed the company instead of focusing on the food.  So the week has ended and I am down 6.3 pounds, not too shabby. More importantly I am proud of myself and feel confident that I will be successful in terminating the bad habits once and for all.  It won't be easy but I am starting to build my toolbox for the future.

-Zoftig Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment