Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy Sunday to all my friends and family. I was in the city for a good portion of this past week staying in a hotel and more importantly eating hotel food. I did get my five workouts in and more and managed to stick to my food plan all week. This week was particularly hard not only because of my lack of sleep, being on my feet all day but when I am at work events there is food every where and all day long. I am not speaking of healthy food either. There is always a large spread of cake, cookies and brownies. Mayonaise filled salads and sandwiches are also always abundant at these events. I brought my protein bars and bananas with me and planned out all my meals accordingly so I wouldn't be hungry and wouldn't eat non-healthy food.

For anyone who knows me well over the years I've never been able to successfully eat healthy during one of these conferences or being away from home. I always make excuses or let my hunger and exhaustion rule what gets put in my mouth. The fact that I was able to eat healthy all week was amazing. It also taught me that if I could do it once I can always do it. When you are exhausted eating crap doesn't give you more energy. In fact, it makes you feel worse in many ways.

To reward myself I went to the mall today and got myself a brand new pair of sneakers with new technology. They are so much lighter as well. I feel like walking/running will be that much easier. Now when I am at the gym wearing my new sneakers they will also remind me what I've accomplished and how I met my goal. Those feelings will only motivate me to workout more this week. I will report in later this week and let everyone know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment