Friday, February 17, 2012

I recently took one of the many steps towards one of my resolutions for the new year. I made my way to the bike shop to start my research on road bikes. This event just happened to coincide with one of the only major snow storms so far this year on the East Coast. So I looked and talked to the experts but I didn't get to ride any. I did walk out of the shop with an awesome pair of Shimano indoor cycling shoes.

My new purchase has brought me once again to the next level of fitness but how has my diet been? Not good. I still eat way too much and per usual not always the right things to fuel my workouts. What to do about this? I have tried many approaches. I just don't seem to possess enough will power or self discipline. Maybe I don't want it enough?

I would say that one of my biggest roadblocks is my career or rather the all consuming hours spent on it. I start my day at around 7:30am at my desk or on my blackberry. By 7 or 8 at night I am completely emotionally and physically exhausted. This is because of the constant pressure to perform plus the constant threat of losing my job due to head count reductions as my firm closes and sells off different businesses. When I have serious issues weighing on my mind I've never been a successful dieter at such times. I need to work on changing that right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment