Sunday, February 26, 2012

I have experienced some very big changes this week. I’ve started to do a major double up on my spin classes clocking in about 90 – 100 minutes three out of four days over the long weekend. Additionally, I performed a double on Thursday evening. My gym has back to back classes so times wise it is extra efficient, I just don’t cool down until the end of the second class. My body feels stronger already. I have to say I am proud of myself. It really makes a lot of my goals seem that much more attainable.

The other much sought personal goal for me has been to change the style by which I eat. I work up quite an appetite at the gym and even when I'm not at the gym I've found. As I've mentioned many times I also don't always make the best decisions when it comes to what kinds of food I eat.

The solution? To concentrate on specific foods. It is called the simply filling technique. It is very similar to what I did this past summer. You concentrate on zero point foods and add in whole grains and lean protein. You don't count but rather target in on how hungry you feel. You also receive a small points balance weekly for things like olive oil which are encouraged to have two tablespoons full of per day. I imagine that is because everything you are consuming is very low in fat.

So far I am enjoying the challenge. We'll see how it goes. I am off to do two back to back spin classes now. Enjoy this beautiful crisp Sunday in the Northeast and have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?
    David

    ReplyDelete