Sunday, March 30, 2014

Birthday Time

As I celebrate another year's birthday I have a lot to reflect upon. It's been a very difficult year when it came to maintaining my diet and exercise routine. However it's been an extremely rich year when it came to family, friends and romantic relationships. I traveled a ton including a crazy cool two week trip to Tokyo. My regimen of massages and copious amounts of unsweetened green tea seem to be working. I recently had a physical and am literally in perfect health: low cholesterol, low blood pressure- lungs, heart and blood in great order. All considerably lucky since I am still quite heavy and even put on weight this year. So now once again I am in that phase of trying to jump start a fitness and weight-loss program. I've started to workout again slowly with some spin, treadmill and elliptical time with a goal of covering about 10k steps per day. It's not that easy and requires a great deal of discipline. I'm up for the challenge though. One of my recent fitness breakthroughs has been the purchase of a foam roller. It's really helped with the sore tight muscles of getting back into my fitness routine. I tend towards being on the tighter side of the spectrum and you can just feel the muscles stretch/elongate as you roll up and down. I love it. I'm also trying to get in the habit of writing this blog again. It all coincides together, writing, healthy eating and working out. It's the trifecta of the game of life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment