Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. As a little side note this week I was quite proud of myself. I didn't consume any Halloween candy whatsoever in the period leading up to the holiday or on the actual day. This was a first for me.

Getting back now to my blog from last week and my unfortunate trip to LA... As a little refresher I was shocked when I realized the travel agency from work had booked me in the wrong hotel in the wrong city of Hollywood when I was supposed to be in downtown LA. Hollywood is near LA except with the traffic in the LA area being possibly the worst in the country it makes a huge difference.

Of course there was a conference and some event at the Staples Center so most hotels in LA were sold out. I was finally able to get a room at some crazy hotel for a mere $500 a night. This hotel coincidentally turned out to be the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in. It smelled of mold and most items in the actual room were broken. I was just disgusted. I was going out in Beverly Hills that night and told myself it was only one night changed and left.

I was definitely stressed at dinner. I over indulged and even insisted on dessert. My actual dinner was extremely healthy so it wasn't a huge deal but definitely an example of emotional eating. The rest of my trip I soothed myself with herbal tea and returned to NY a few days later after checking in to a very nice hotel for the duration of my LA stint.

I'm off to Toronto this coming week and then I hope to get back to my normal routine of going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment