Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 30, 2009

I grew up in a traditional Jewish home where I was always told to finish my plate and where food was always in abundance. I’m not sure if that is a Jewish thing or just a thing. Everyone always wanted to feed me despite my chubbiness at different ages. My Grandmother would always make chocolate pudding when she knew I was coming. My Mother always kept Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip and Entenmanns cookies in our house growing up.

Unfortunately, the idea of finishing everything on my plate was a mantra that stuck with me over the years and I need to work on eating only until I am full. Then there is the whole definition of full, stomach versus brain. Do I feel sad? Am I happy? Both mean eating too much at times. It is so hard to break habits that were ingrained in us at a young age. All we can do is try…. Please write me and let me know your methods for not overeating at mealtimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment